Stroopwafels.Online and the environment
Baking, packaging and shipping are essential parts of our web shop. We recognise that we need to be environmentally responsible.
- The bakery where our products are made runs almost entirely on solar power. With 430 solar panels on the roof, this is an important step towards ‘green’ stroopwafels.
- In order to make optimal use of outer cartons, the ordered products can be packed in different units than ordered by you when processing the order.
(For example: if you order 5 boxes with 12 packs of 10 Markus stroopwafels, a total of 60 x, the space within the outer box will be optimally used with 60 packs of stroopwafels, divided into 4 boxes of 15 packs).
- We replace plastic for paper as much as possible for filling over boxes.
- The Stroopwafels, Caramel Biscuits and Stroopwafels in cans are packed in fully recyclable polypropylene bags. No hazardous substances are released during the recycling of polypropylene.
- Our shipping partner has set an ambitious goal to deliver all packages in the Benelux countries emission-free by 2030 in the last mile. As an intermediate step, they want to deliver emission-free in 25 city centers by 2025.